Careers at Western Forestry Co-op
Forester Vacancy (Harvesting)
Western Forestry Co-op is the longest established forestry co-op in Ireland, founded in 1985 to provide support services and advice to landowners afforesting, harvesting and managing their forests. The Co-op ethos of transparency, trust and loyalty are our foundation and our trusted and professional service has seen our afforestation and harvesting business increase year on year.
The successful candidate will be required to recruit new clients as well as work with existing clients, the Forest Service and other statutory organisations. They will be expected to manage site operations, contractors, complete paperwork, manage budgets and prepare reports.
- Graduate Qualification in Forestry (minimum Level 7 on QQI or equivalent)
- Highly motivated, team player and proven ability to work on own initiative
- Customer focus and sales, ability to recruit new clients and manage existing clients
- Computer literate (email, word, excel etc)
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Managing forest harvesting sites
- Supervision & organising of harvesting, haulage and other forest operations
- Felling Licence and forest road grant applications
- Adhering to legal obligations, health & safety and environmental management
- Forest inventory
- Pre & post harvest sales reporting
- Reporting on progress at management meetings
- Experience in forest harvesting will be an advantage
The role will be based in our Head Office in Sligo with travel required. Salary will commensurate with experience, plus phone, laptop and vehicle. Full clean driving license required. Cover letter and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s will be treated in confidence. Closing date for applications is Friday 26th October. Any queries call 071-9161458.