Western Forestry Co-op Knowledge Transfer Group 2019
Please note: The scheme is only open for those who have not previously participated in a forestry KT group.
Western Forestry Co-op ran successful Knowledge Transfer Groups in 2018 in Sligo, Leitrim and Mayo and are looking forward to running more KTG groups starting in August 2019. Each KTG can have a maximum of 20 participants with each participant needing to attend 7 meetings or outdoor events in order to complete the programme. Each KTG participant will receive €70 per meeting attended, with the maximum payment to each participant of €490.
The aim of the KTG Scheme:
1. Provide additional knowledge to help forest owners understand the activities required in their forests.
2. Provide the knowledge and expertise over the forest crop rotation to achieve a sustainable economic return.
3. Increase the level of forest management activity amongst forest owners
4. Filling the knowledge gap and bridging the barrier to the mobilisation of timber and biomass from the private sector.
Western Forestry Co-op KT Groups have the following benefits to owners:
1. Providing qualified and experience foresters with valuable knowledge.
2. Increase awareness to forest owners of the value of their forest.
3. Informing forest owners on how to actively manage their forest sustainably.
4. Improve the understanding and the steps required when selling timber.
5. Best practice for forestry establishment.
6. Better management results in greater productivity
7. Contribute towards developing a greater forest culture in Ireland
8. Provide innovative mechanisms to integrate agriculture and forestry to allow for double income use options
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
If you wish to take part in this KTG scheme please Register your interest below:
For further information contact our KT Administrator Sarah Stewart, Western Forestry Co-op, ICOS House, Finisklin Road, Sligo F91P896, or email