Forestry Premium Increase in new scheme
Western Forestry Co-op welcomes the announcement of Forestry Programme 2014 – 2020 which gives certainty to landowners considering forestry. There are significant improvements compared to the original proposal circulated in September 2014, which include:
- €7 million funding Native Woodland Conservation Scheme (up to 360ha per annum)
- Native Woodland establishment premium increase to €635/ha
- Neighbourwood Scheme (community woodlands)
- New Agro-Forestry Scheme (5yr premium)
- Forestry for Fibre Scheme (energy crops, 10yr premium)
The Co-op was strongly involved in negotiations with the department for increased premium rates and are particularly proud in the removal of the reduced rate for plantings < 8ha which would have severely disadvantaged West of Ireland farmers with an average farm size of 26 hectares.
If you are considering forestry, then now is a good time to act.
Please contact your local Co-op forester for more information on the new scheme (advert on this page)